Training and Development Strategy
Bedford Borough, Luton Borough Council and Central Bedfordshire Safeguarding Children Boards agreed a revised joint Training and Development Strategy in October 2016.
In addition to the Strategy a Training Offer has also been published
Multi-agency training needs have been identified through the two sub groups of the Bedford Borough and Central Bedfordshire Safeguarding Boards. Training needs will be identified through the mechanisms these sub groups have in place including:
- the range of reviews set out in each Board’s Learning and Improvement Framework (including review of child deaths)
- the range of audits set out in each Board’s Learning and Improvement Framework (multi-agency audits, single agency audits, Section 11 audits, Section 175/157 audits)
- serious case reviews, both local and national
- national research
- monitoring and analysis of performance as set out in the performance framework
- feedback from frontline practitioners, and
- the Board's Business Plan priorities.